Last week, the U.S. Department of Labor (“DOL”) announced that it is establishing the HIRE Vets Medallion Program to recognize small, medium, and large employers who recruit, retain, and employ veterans, and who offer charitable services in support of the veteran community.
The awards will be presented on an annual basis in celebration of Veterans Day. To be eligible, employers must complete and submit an application to the DOL. In granting the awards, the DOL will consider the:
- Percentage of employees who are veterans;
- Percentage of veteran employees who are retained;
- Establishment of veterans’ assistance and training programs;
- Employment of dedicated human resources professionals for veterans; and
- Income and tuition support for veterans.
If you are interested in learning more about the HIRE Vets Medallion Award, please do not hesitate to contact us.