Mirick O’Connell’s Labor Group congratulates one of its fabulous paralegals, Cheryl Spakauskas, who received the “Excellence in Paralegal Work” Award at the Annual Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly Excellence in the Law banquet held at the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel in Boston last evening. Awards were given to 27 “Up & Coming Lawyers” across the Commonwealth, but only 1 award was given for excellence as a paralegal! Many of you who work with Cheryl are well aware of how truly deserving Cheryl is of such a prestigious award. As is true of the other paralegals and attorneys within our Labor Group, Cheryl places the needs of her clients first. Her responsiveness is virtually unparalleled and her commitment to excellence on behalf of the clients she serves is exemplary! As Cheryl noted in the write up within Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly: “A typical day can include a response to an unfair labor practice charge filed by a union against a client; researching affirmative action questions from a second client; consideration of a personnel file for compliance with the Massachusetts Data Security Law before transmitting it to opposing counsel; a call with a third client with a Family Medical Leave Act issue; reviewing a policy to be included in a college student handbook; and a call with a client to gather facts related to a grievance filed by a union.” Despite the diversity of the matters confronting Cheryl on a near-daily basis, she handles them all with ease. Please join me in congratulating Cheryl on this terrific recognition!
- Employment Law Ballot Initiatives May Go To Massachusetts Voters
- Do Your COBRA Notices Comply with the Law? If Not, Your Organization Could be Susceptible to a Class Action Lawsuit
- Previously Enjoined Salary Basis Test for White Collar Exempt Employees Has Been Permanently Struck Down by U.S. District Court Judge in Texas
- BREAKING: EEO-1 Pay Reporting Requirements Suspended Immediately
- Massachusetts Enacts Pregnant Workers Fairness Act